Public Health Surveillance and Informatics Program Office
PHIN Partner Call
February 01, 2012
3:00–4:00 PM EST
Century Center Building 2500, Conference Room 2222
The agenda for this meeting will be:
1. 10 minutes – Announcements and Introductions
Nedra Garrett (CDC) and Sanjeev Tandon (CDC) – “Introduction of the Meaningful Use Public Health Technical Assistance Team”
2. 40 minutes – Presentation: “CDC’s NEDSS Base System: Enhancing Local/Territorial/State Capacity for Case Reporting and Other Electronic Data Exchange”
• Presenter: Jennifer Ward, Epidemiologist in the Division of Notifiable Diseases and Healthcare Information (proposed) and Dr. Arun Srinivasan, Public Health Informatician in the Division of Notifiable Diseases and Healthcare Information (proposed)
• Topic Description: This presentation will address new decision support functionality in NBS release 4.3 and how it enhances local/territorial/state capabilities to exchange electronic information related to reportable disease surveillance. The discussion will focus on the approach, gaps, and lessons learned which may be applicable to surveillance systems other than the CDC-developed NBS.
3. 10 minutes - Question and Answer Session
To join the webinar: http://www.instantpresenter.com/dippc10
Please log in to Instant Presenter before dialing. The system will automatically provide call in information once you have logged in online.
For audio only, please use the following information.
Call-in toll free number: 1-888-205-5513
Technical Assistance: PHIN Help Desk: 1-800-532-9929.