I'm sure this is a simple fix that I am just overlooking.  In Analysis in Epi 3.5.3, I need to select a date field that has been filled (if no date for the field then it will be left empty).  There are no particular dates that will be selected for, I just need it to select the entries that have the field filled.  I know that SELECT variable= (.) will select it if the entry is empty, but what replaces the (.) if I want it to search for and select a filled field?  I even tried SELECT variable<> (.).  If I try anything other than = it tells me that the statement must be true or false.  I have tried the various options that are provided by the SELECT dialogue window with no luck.

Views: 86

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tim, Try

SELECT NOT variable = (.)

Have a nice day!

Roy Ing
http://www.EpiSuccess.com

Hi Tim

Also you could try an

IF NOT variable=(.)

THEN

ELSE

END

Vivek

Thank you for the replies, I knew it would be a simple fix. 

I do have another problem I need to address.

I need to be able to run a frequency report that checks dates entered fall within a compliant date or not.  I have two variables (date vaccine was given or declined) that need to be checked to see if the date is within the last year or not.  The dates will not be replaced, we will be adding a new record to that patient.  I need to be able to have it check only the last record entered.

Here is one attempt.  The IF command does not work.

DEFINE COMPLIANCE

IF VACCINATIONDATE= (YEARS(FLUVACDATE, SYSTEMDATE) >=1) AND VACCINATIONDECLINED= (YEARS(FLUVACDECLINED, SYSTEMDATE) >=1) THEN

COMPLIANCE="N"

ELSE

COMPLIANCE="Y"

END

FREQ COMPLIANCE MISSING=(+)

Here is another one that I have tried:

DEFINE VACCINATIONDATE

ASSIGN VACCINATIONDATE= YEARS(VACDATE,SYSTEMDATE)

DEFINE VACCINEDECLINED

ASSIGN VACCINEDECLINED= YEARS(VACDECLINED, SYSTEMDATE)

DEFINE COMPLIANCE

IF VACCINATIONDATE >=1 AND VACCINEDECLINED >=1 THEN

COMPLIANCE="N"

ELSE

COMPLIANCE="Y"

END

FREQ COMPLIANCE

Hi Tim,

Attached is an example EpiInfo 3.5 mdb database and Analysis pgm file that shows what you may be looking for.  Copy the files to c:\temp and run the pgm file in Analysis.  The criteria for "Compliant" can be easily changed depending on your definition.

Hope this helps,

Roy Ing
http://www.EpiSuccess.com

Attachments:
Thanks Roy.  I tried what you sent me.  It still pulls records on the same patient that are older than one year and gives me multiple returns on a single patient.   I need it to find only the last record or missing records for the last year.

RSS

© 2014   Created by phConnect Admin.

|  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service